H.N. Lewis Scholarship
The National Peanut Festival H. N. Lewis Scholarship was established in 2016 and will be awarded annually to a Wiregrass area FFA/4-H Senior for a one-time $5,000 stipend to further his or her education. The following criteria has been established for eligibility:
1) The student applicant must be a graduating senior (2023) of a school in the Wiregrass Area and submit a resume’ and complete application;
2) The student applicant must have a GPA of a minimum of B-C average;
3) The student applicant must be planning to attend a college in the School of Agriculture or Agriculture related studies at one of the following Universities or Agricultural Colleges: Auburn University, Tuskegee University, Alabama A&M University, University of Florida, Florida A&M University, University of Georgia or Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. If the student awarded the scholarship chooses to attend a Junior College prior to attending the Agricultural College, the scholarship will not be available until the Festival receives proof of registration at any one of the Agricultural Colleges listed above.
4) The student applicant must be recommended to the NPF Scholarship Committee by his or her school FFA/4-H Advisor, Guidance Counselor or principal;
5) The student applicant must be involved in community service (volunteer hours) or affiliated with a service organization, 4-H, FFA, church youth organization…etc.;
6) An essay describing the student’s future in the field of Agriculture from an employment perspective or livelihood for themselves;
7) The student applicant must submit a copy of his/her transcript with ACT Scores
The student applications will be accepted by the National Peanut Festival – H.N. Lewis Scholarship Selection Committee for judging. One winner will be selected each year. To receive the $5,000 scholarship, awardee shall designate which Land Grant University he or she will be attending. Upon proof of registration, the National Peanut Festival will establish the scholarship fund at the university or college.
Deadline for applications to be received by the National Peanut Festival Office:
5622 US Hwy 231 South
Dothan, AL 36301
March 24, 2023 (5:00 p.m. DEADLINE)